Article 1 (Application)
These terms apply to all matters relating to the use of this ticket between our company and the customer, including the conditions of ticket provision and ticket utilization.
Article 2 (Definitions)
The following terms used in these terms shall have the meanings defined below:
- “Ticket Purchase Agreement” refers to the purchase agreement of this ticket concluded between our company and the customer, with these terms as the contractual conditions.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” refers to copyrights, patent rights, utility model rights, design rights, trademark rights, and other intellectual property rights (including the rights to acquire or apply for registration or other rights related to these rights).
- “Our company” refers to the WebX Executive Committee, a general incorporated association.
- “Customer” refers to a person who has purchased this ticket or wishes to purchase it.
- “This Event” refers to the international Web3 conference event titled “WebX,” which our company will host on July 25th and 26th, 2023.
- “This Ticket” refers to the ticket required to participate in this event.
- “This Website” refers to the website operated by Indivision Co., Ltd., with the domain “https://eventory.cc/event/webx_coinpost/tickets” (including any changes in the domain or content of the website for any reason, which will be included in the changed website).
Article 3 (Purchase Procedure)
- If the customer wishes to purchase this ticket, they must agree to these terms and provide certain information (hereinafter referred to as “customer information”) to our company in the manner specified by our company on this website. By doing so, the customer can apply to purchase the ticket.
- Based on the notification of the customer’s completion of the payment process specified in Article 4, received from the payment service provider, our company will notify the customer’s email address provided by the customer by sending an email. This notification constitutes acceptance of the application in the preceding paragraph.
- The effectiveness of the acceptance notification occurs at the time when the email specified in the preceding paragraph is sent. At this point, the ticket purchase agreement is concluded between our company and the customer, and the customer can acquire this ticket. 4. Even if the customer cannot view the acceptance notification email from our company due to a typographical error in the provided email address, the customer’s email reception settings, or any other reason, the establishment of the ticket purchase agreement will not be hindered. If the customer is unable to view the acceptance notification email from our company after the payment process specified in Article 4, the customer may contact our company separately to receive the acceptance notification through email or other methods designated by our company.
- Only customers who are 20 years of age or older or minors (referring to individuals under the age of 18) with the consent of their legal representative are eligible to conclude the ticket purchase agreement. If the customer is a minor (under the age of 18), the customer must obtain the consent of their legal representative (parent or guardian) when applying for the purchase of this ticket.
Article 4 (Payment)
- As the consideration for the purchase of this ticket, the customer shall pay the amount specified by our company and displayed on this website to our company through the payment method designated by our company.
Article 5 (Types of Tickets)
- This ticket includes the following four types of tickets:
- GENERAL ticket
- VIP ticket
- CORPORATE ticket
- STUDENT ticket
- Each ticket mentioned in the preceding paragraph provides different services for participation in the event. The details of the services available for each ticket will be separately displayed on our website.
Article 6 (Use of Tickets)
- This ticket is not a voucher but a registered right that entitles the holder to receive certain services at the event. The Company shall be the debtor in relation to this ticket.
- This ticket will be issued to customers in the form of a QR code. The Company will issue the QR code to customers via the email address provided by the customer or through the designated application.
- Entry to the event venue can be made by presenting the QR code specified in the preceding paragraph. By presenting the QR code at the entrance, customers will receive a pass corresponding to the type of ticket, and they can use that pass to receive services according to the pass. However, if a customer exits the event venue after entering with the issued pass, in order to re-enter, the customer can only do so by presenting the issued pass, and re-entry by presenting the QR code is not allowed unless otherwise approved by the Company.
- Customers should carefully manage the QR code or the pass specified in the preceding paragraph. Even if they are lost, the Company is not obligated to issue a new QR code or pass to the customer.
Article 7 (Confirmation and Modification of Customer Information)
- Customers shall promptly comply with any request from the Company to submit documentation for the confirmation or verification of their customer information.
- If there are any changes to the customer information, customers shall promptly notify the Company of such changes in accordance with the methods specified by the Company.
Article 8 (Prohibited Activities)
Customers shall not engage in or be determined by the Company to engage in any of the following acts or acts that are deemed to fall under any of the following items, in relation to the purchase and use of this ticket (including participation in the event). If the Company determines that a customer has engaged in or is likely to engage in any of these acts, the Company may prohibit the customer from engaging in such acts.
- Acts that violate laws or are related to criminal activities
- Fraudulent or coercive acts towards the Company, other ticket buyers or users, or any other third party
- Acts that violate public order or morals
- Acts that infringe upon the intellectual property rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, reputation, trust, or any other rights or interests of the Company, other ticket buyers or users, or any other third party
- Defamation or slander towards others and their businesses
- Unauthorized access or excessive load on the network or system during the event
- Reverse engineering or any other analysis or modification of the software or other systems used in relation to the event
- Acts that may obstruct the operation of the event
- Impersonation of others or provision of false information to the Company
- Transfer, loan, pledge, or any act that deviates from the prescribed methods of using this ticket without the Company’s permission, regardless of whether it is for consideration or free of charge
- Allowing a third party to use a promotional code issued for the purchase of this ticket, or using a promotional code issued to a third party, or any other act of improperly using a promotional code
- Advertising, promotion, solicitation, or business activities related to the event without the Company’s permission
- Election campaigning, political activities.
- Acts that undermine the reputation and evaluation of this event.
- Acts of spreading false rumors about our company or this event.
- Acts of recording, filming, or video capturing during this event without our permission.
- Acts of live streaming the inside of the venue of this event without our permission.
- Acts that cause disadvantages, damages, or discomfort to our company, other participants of this event, or any other third parties.
- Acts of providing benefits to antisocial forces or similar entities.
- Acts with the purpose of meeting unfamiliar members of the opposite sex.
- Acts that directly or indirectly provoke or facilitate the above-mentioned acts.
- Attempts to engage in the above-mentioned acts.
- Any other acts deemed inappropriate by our company.
Article 9 (Cancellation of the Event, etc.)
- In the event that the Event is canceled due to reasons attributable to our company, we will refund the purchase price to customers after notifying them of such cancellation by email, through the official Event website, or by any other means specified by our company.
- In the event of natural disasters, fires, wars, riots, civil unrest, terrorism, outbreaks of epidemics or infectious diseases, accidents involving transportation facilities, or other irresistible forces that cannot be attributed to either party, as well as problems related to the operation, functionality, or unavoidable circumstances regarding the Event venue or system, our company reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or interrupt (hereinafter referred to as “Cancellation, etc.”) the entire Event or a part of it without prior notice to customers.
- Even if customers incur damages due to the Cancellation, etc. mentioned in the preceding paragraph, our company shall not be held liable, except in cases where our company is at fault.
Article 10 (Ownership of Rights)
All intellectual property rights related to this Ticket or the Event belong to our company or the licensors authorized by our company. Participation in the Event based on this Agreement does not imply the granting of a license for the use of our company’s or the licensors’ intellectual property rights related to this Ticket or the Event.
Article 11 (Customer’s Responsibilities)
- Customers acknowledge that all communications and notifications regarding this Ticket and the Event from our company will be sent to the email address provided by customers. Customers are responsible for promptly responding to any necessary actions on their part.
- Customers are responsible for the management of their email address and other Ticket-related matters upon receiving the Ticket. If the Ticket is presented to our company, the person presenting it will be considered the customer who received the Ticket. Even if the presentation was due to theft, unauthorized use, or other reasons unrelated to the customer, our company shall not be held liable for any damages or disadvantages incurred by the customer.
- In cases where customers have companions (referring to third parties designated by customers in the ticket purchase agreement who are allowed to participate in the Event), customers are responsible for ensuring that their companions comply with this Agreement. If the companions violate this Agreement, the violation will be considered a violation by the customer, and the customer will be jointly responsible with the companions for any consequences arising from the violation.
Article 12 (Unauthorized Use)
If the Company determines that the customer falls under any of the following items, the Company may refuse the customer’s use of this ticket and participation in this event and take necessary measures (hereinafter referred to as “Unauthorized Actions”). The customer agrees not to make any claims for damages or disadvantages against the Company, even if they suffer any damage or disadvantage as a result. The Company is not obligated to disclose the reasons for taking Unauthorized Actions to the customer.
- When the customer violates this agreement.
- When false information is found in the customer’s information.
- When contact to the email address is not possible.
- When there is a problem with the payment process.
- When any of the reasons specified in Article 14, Section 2 apply.
- When there is a serious act of breach of trust towards the Company.
- When the Company deems it appropriate to take Unauthorized Actions against the customer based on other reasonable grounds.
Article 13 (Restriction on Voluntary Cancellation)
Once the ticket purchase agreement is concluded, the customer cannot voluntarily cancel the ticket purchase agreement for any reason and cannot request a refund of the ticket price from the Company. However, this does not apply if the Company fails to fulfill its obligations as specified in Article 14.
Article 14 (Termination)
- The Company or the customer may terminate the ticket purchase agreement if the other party violates the agreement or fails to fulfill the obligations specified in the ticket purchase agreement. The party wishing to terminate the agreement shall give a specified period for rectification or performance and if the violation is not rectified or the obligations are not fulfilled within that period, the ticket purchase agreement may be terminated.
- The Company or the customer may immediately terminate the ticket purchase agreement without any notice in the following cases:
- In the case of a serious violation by the other party concerning the ticket purchase agreement.
- When attachment, provisional attachment, provisional disposition, compulsory execution, auction, application for delinquent disposition, or other disposals by public authorities are received.
- When bankruptcy proceedings, civil rehabilitation proceedings, company reorganization proceedings, or other legal insolvency proceedings are applied for or initiated, or when private restructuring is initiated.
- When payment suspension or insolvency occurs.
- In the case of acts that violate public order and morals or other acts of bad faith that defame the other party’s credibility or reputation.
- When the Company receives an order to suspend business operations or to cancel a business license or registration from a supervisory authority.
- In the case of other significant reasons that make it difficult to continue the ticket purchase agreement.
- The party that terminates the ticket purchase agreement based on the preceding two paragraphs may claim damages from the other party.
Article 15 (Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability)
- The Company does not guarantee, explicitly or implicitly, that this event is suitable for the customer’s specific purposes, that it has the expected functions, product value, accuracy, or usefulness, that the customer’s participation in this event complies with applicable laws or internal rules of industry associations, that it can be used continuously, or that no malfunctions will occur.
- Even if the Company has an obligation to compensate the customer for damages, regardless of the cause, the Company’s liability for compensation shall not exceed the ticket purchase price paid by the customer, and the Company shall not be liable for consequential damages, indirect damages, special damages, future damages, and lost profits. However, this limitation does not apply to the Company’s liability for damages due to intentional misconduct or gross negligence, or to the liability for damages when the customer cancels the ticket purchase agreement based on the Company’s culpability.
- The customer is responsible for resolving any transactions, communications, disputes, etc., arising between the customer and other customers or third parties related to this event, and the Company shall not be liable for any compensation in such cases.
Article 16 (Confidentiality)
Unless otherwise authorized in writing by the Company, the Customer shall keep confidential any undisclosed information disclosed by the Company to the Customer in connection with this event, which is known to be confidential, and shall not provide, disclose, or leak it to any third party or use it beyond the scope of the purpose disclosed by the Company.
Article 17 (Handling of User Information)
- The Company may use and disclose the information and data provided by the Customer to the Company as statistical information that cannot identify individuals at its discretion, and the Customer shall not object to this.
Article 18 (Exclusion of Anti-Social Forces)
- The Company and the Customer hereby represent and warrant that they are not currently and will not be in the future, anti-social forces (organized crime groups, members of organized crime groups, individuals who have not yet passed five years since ceasing to be members of organized crime groups, quasi-members of organized crime groups, organized crime-related companies, racketeers, or special intelligence violence groups, or others similar to these. The same applies below.), and pledge that they do not currently and will not in the future have any relationships falling under any of the following items with anti-social forces:
- Anti-social forces have a dominant influence on management.
- Anti-social forces are substantially involved in management.
- Unfairly utilizing anti-social forces for the purpose of pursuing one’s own or a third party’s unlawful interests or causing damage to a third party.
- Providing funds or providing conveniences to anti-social forces or otherwise being involved with them.
- Other officers or persons substantially involved in management have a relationship with anti-social forces that should be socially condemned.
- The Company and the Customer shall not engage in the following acts themselves or through a third party:
- Violent demands.
- Unjust demands beyond legal responsibility.
- Acts of making coercive statements or using violence in relation to transactions.
- Acts of spreading false rumors, using deception or coercion to undermine the other party’s credibility, or obstructing the other party’s business.
- Other acts similar to the preceding items.
- In the event that either the Company or the Customer violates the provisions of this article, without requiring any notice or other procedures, they may terminate all contracts entered into between the Company and the Customer. In this case, the party that terminates the contract shall not be required to compensate the other party for any damages that may arise. Furthermore, if the party that terminates the contract incurs damages, the other party shall compensate for those damages.
Article 19 (Amendment of Terms and Conditions)
The Company may modify these terms and conditions if deemed necessary. In the event of a modification, the effective date and content of the amended terms and conditions will be announced on the Company’s website or through other appropriate methods of notification, or directly communicated to the customers. However, if the modification involves matters that require the customer’s consent according to laws and regulations, the Company will obtain the customer’s consent through its designated method.
Article 20 (Communication/Notification)
- Inquiries, communications, or notifications from customers to the Company regarding this event or ticket, as well as notifications regarding the amendment of these terms and conditions, and other communications or notifications from the Company to customers, shall be conducted through the methods specified by the Company.
- If the Company contacts or notifies the customer using the email address or other contact information included in the customer’s information, the customer shall be deemed to have received such communication or notification.
Article 21 (Assignment of Position in Ticket Purchase Agreement, etc.)
- Without the prior written consent of the Company, the customer may not transfer, assign, pledge, or otherwise dispose of the position in the ticket purchase agreement or the rights or obligations based on these terms and conditions to a third party.
- In the event that the Company transfers its business related to this event to another company, the Company may transfer the customer’s position under the usage agreement, rights and obligations based on these terms and conditions, as well as customer information and other customer data, to the transferee of such business transfer. The customer hereby agrees in advance to such transfer as stated in this paragraph. Moreover, the business transfer as referred to in this paragraph includes not only the ordinary business transfer but also any case where the business is split or transferred in any other manner.
Article 22 (Severability)
Even if any provision or part of a provision of these terms and conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable under the Consumer Contract Act or other applicable laws and regulations, the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions and the remaining parts of the provisions determined to be invalid or unenforceable shall continue to have full force and effect.
Article 23 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
- These terms and conditions and the ticket purchase agreement shall be governed by Japanese law.
- Any and all disputes arising from or in connection with these terms and conditions or the ticket purchase agreement shall be exclusively submitted to the Tokyo District Court as the first instance court of exclusive jurisdiction.